The Tinder Swindler, Simon Leviev, claims to be completely innocent in NEW INTERVIEW - What is in the mind of a serial swindler?
1st March, 2023
According to the US FTC, people have lost over $1.3 billion to romance scams over the last 5 years, with $547 million leaving purses in 2021 alone. The year-on-year jump is a staggering 80%, with $2400 being the average amount lost per individual.
The three women featured in the Netflix documentary Tinder Swindler say they were conned and threatened by Simon Leviev. However, he denied everything to a news channel this week. He also denied being the son of a billionaire diamond mogul and says he never presented himself to be one. Authorities reckon that he has scammed over 10 million dollars from women over the world by displaying his lavish lifestyle that he says comes from being a ‘legit businessman and earning from early Bitcoin investments. In the interview, he is sitting alongside his beautiful Israeli model girlfriend, Kate Conway. When asked whether he has asked for money from her, she smiles and says never, and also adds that she thinks the three women have made up a fake story.
Simon has already spent two years in jail for defrauding two other women in Finland but has not been charged for the incidents concerning the three women in the documentary.
What psychological tactics do predators like Simon Leviev use to trap their victims?
It is important to note that predators who use psychology to trap women into giving them money often rely on a combination of manipulation tactics and psychological vulnerabilities. Some common tactics that predators may use include:
• Love bombing: Predators may shower women with attention, compliments, and gifts in the beginning stages of the relationship to make them feel special and loved. This can create a false sense of intimacy and trust.
• Gaslighting: Predators may try to convince women that their concerns or suspicions about the relationship are unfounded or irrational. This can cause women to doubt their own judgment and rely more on the predator for guidance.
• Isolation: Predators may try to isolate women from their support networks, such as friends and family, by portraying them as being unsupportive or jealous. This can make women feel more dependent on the predator and less likely to seek outside help.
• Financial exploitation: Predators may ask women for money under the guise of an emergency or a business opportunity. They may promise to pay the money back but often fail to do so.
• Pressure tactics: Leviev has been accused of using pressure tactics to get women to invest more money or to make quick decisions. This can include threats or emotional manipulation, such as claiming that the investment opportunity will be gone if they don't act quickly.
• Disappearing act: Once Leviev has obtained money from his victims, he may disappear or stop responding to their messages. He has been known to change his phone number and email address frequently to avoid detection.
It is also important to note that predators may specifically target women who are vulnerable due to factors such as loneliness, low self-esteem, or financial insecurity. They may also use online dating or social media platforms to find potential victims.
To protect themselves from being scammed, women should be cautious when communicating with strangers online and should avoid sending money to anyone they have not met in person. They should also be aware of the warning signs of a scam, such as requests for money or personal information. If a woman suspects that she has been scammed, she should contact law enforcement and seek help from a trusted professional.
What are the personality traits of Simon Leviev?
Leviev's personality has been described as charming, confident, and persuasive. He is known for his flamboyant lifestyle and love of luxury, which he uses to impress potential investors and clients. Leviev has a reputation for being a smooth talker and is able to gain people's trust quickly.
One of the key traits that have contributed to Leviev's success as a con artist is his ability to read people. He is skilled at identifying people's weaknesses and exploiting them for his own gain. Leviev is known for targeting wealthy individuals who are looking for high returns on their investments and is able to use his charm and persuasive skills to convince them to invest in his schemes.
Another trait that has contributed to Leviev's success is his willingness to take risks. He is known for making bold claims about his ability to generate high returns on investments and is not afraid to take on big projects. This risk-taking mentality has allowed him to build a reputation as a successful entrepreneur, even if his success is based on deception and fraud.
Which personality type and past history of the victim is likely to get them scammed easily?
Scammers like Simon Leviev are skilled at exploiting vulnerabilities and manipulating their victims, and it is not the victim's fault for falling for their tactics. However, there are certain patterns and mistakes that scammers like Leviev tend to exploit:
• Trusting too quickly: One of the most common mistakes that women make when getting scammed by Simon Leviev is trusting him too quickly. Leviev is known for being charming and persuasive, and he is skilled at gaining people's trust. Women who are particularly vulnerable to this tactic are those who are looking for love or companionship, as Leviev often presents himself as a romantic partner or confidant.
• Ignoring red flags: Women who get scammed by Leviev often ignore warning signs and red flags. These can include requests for money, inconsistencies in his stories, or a refusal to meet in person. Women who are particularly vulnerable to this tactic are those who are in a vulnerable emotional state, such as those who have recently gone through a breakup or a divorce.
• Falling for the "get-rich-quick" scheme: Leviev is known for presenting his victims with investment opportunities that promise high returns. Women who are particularly vulnerable to this tactic are those who are looking for a quick financial fix or who are in a difficult financial situation. Leviev's schemes often require large sums of money upfront, which can be a red flag for a scam.
• Failing to do research: Women who get scammed by Leviev often fail to do their own research on him and his business ventures. Leviev is known for creating fake websites and social media profiles to lend credibility to his schemes, but a simple Google search can often reveal inconsistencies and red flags. Women who are particularly vulnerable to this tactic are those who are trusting and who may not be familiar with how to conduct research online.
• Allowing emotions to cloud judgment: Women who get scammed by Leviev often allow their emotions to cloud their judgment. Leviev is skilled at exploiting emotions such as fear, loneliness, and desperation and using them to convince his victims to go along with his schemes. Women who are particularly vulnerable to this tactic are those who are going through a difficult time emotionally and who may be more susceptible to manipulation.
In terms of personality types, women who are particularly vulnerable to being scammed by Leviev tend to be trusting, empathetic, and emotionally vulnerable. They may also be looking for love or companionship, or they may be in a difficult financial situation. It is important to note, however, that anyone can fall victim to a scam, regardless of their personality or background. It is always important to be cautious and do your research before making any financial decisions or trusting someone with your personal information.
What is behind the psychology of attracting women with money and gifts?
The psychology of attracting women with money and gifts has long been a topic of fascination and debate. Many men believe that wealth and material possessions are the keys to attracting women, while others argue that genuine connections and shared values are more important.
Evolutionary psychology suggests that women are attracted to men who can provide for them and their offspring. This is rooted in the evolutionary need for survival and reproductive success. Women are biologically programmed to seek out partners who are able to provide resources and protection. In modern society, money and material possessions have become symbols of wealth and status, which can signal to women that a man is able to provide for them and their potential family.
Additionally, social psychology suggests that women may be attracted to men with money and gifts because of the way that society values these things. Wealth and status are often seen as desirable traits, and men who possess them are often viewed as more desirable partners. This can create a self-fulfilling cycle, where men who have money and gifts are more likely to attract women who value these things, which in turn reinforces the idea that these things are important.
Furthermore, there is evidence to suggest that women may be attracted to men with money and gifts because of the emotional benefits that come with them. Receiving gifts and experiencing material wealth can provide a sense of comfort and security, which can be emotionally satisfying. Additionally, gifts can be seen as a way for a man to show his affection and appreciation, which can strengthen the emotional connection between partners.
However, it is important to note that attraction based solely on money and gifts is not sustainable in the long term. While these things may initially attract a woman, they are not enough to sustain a healthy and fulfilling relationship. Relationships built on material possessions are often shallow and lack emotional depth, which can lead to dissatisfaction and resentment in the long run.
In conclusion, the psychology of attracting women with money and gifts is complex and multifaceted. While evolutionary and social psychology suggests that these things may be seen as desirable traits, it is important to recognize that attraction based solely on material possessions is not sustainable in the long term. A genuine connection based on shared values and emotional connection is necessary for a healthy and fulfilling relationship.